The story behind kiwiHR's name
The question we get asked over and over again: "Why is kiwiHR called kiwiHR?”
In this article, we'd like to share with you the story behind our name, kiwiHR. As well as what sets us apart from other providers of HR software on the market and how we simplify human resources for SMEs.
3 reasons why kiwis are the best fruits
1. Kiwis are truly vitamin C bombs. Only one kiwi contains over 93 milligrams of vitamin C, that’s almost twice as much as one orange. According to the British Nutrition Foundation (BNF), the recommended daily intake is two kiwis a day. No other fruit provides as much vitamin C as kiwis do. Vitamin C plays an essential role and supports our bodies with the formation of connective tissue, absorption of iron and making carcinogenic compounds in food harmless.
2. Because of their properties, consuming kiwis is key to recover from long working days when signs of weakness or fatigue appear in the body. Kiwis can also help combat sleep disorders and stress by improving blood circulation.
3. In addition to the abilities of this superfruit described above, kiwis are delicious. Whether raw, mixed in smoothies, or as an embellishment to various dishes (for all cooking show fans), kiwis are sure to delight with their characteristic refreshing taste and for a very attractive price.
3 reasons why kiwiHR is the best HR software
1. kiwiHR is a simple and intuitive HR software for small and medium businesses. With the push of a button, daily HR tasks can be set to done, saving you valuable time. Therefore, you can see kiwiHR as your HR admin. Our HR software helps with policies and procedures creation, documents or employee records administration, as well as absences and worked hours records, and onboarding process for new employees.
2. In small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as startups, some areas, like human resources, don't have a designated person. In fact, 70% of SME executives, or even the management team, handle HR by themselves. This added responsibility causes double workload, leading to longer working days and stress. kiwiHR releases unnecessary workload from HR managers and employees, just like kiwis release stress from the body. As a positive side effect, you'll spend less time on administrative human resources and feel relieved.
3. We created kiwiHR to simplify and make efficient HR management. During development, we aimed to design a simple tool that optimises HR processes without having a designated HR manager. For companies with designated HR managers, kiwiHR naturally supports all employees in the company with time-saving and transparent processes.
The functionality of kiwiHR
Our goal with kiwiHR is to offer the most user-friendly HR software in Europe at a reasonable price.
kiwiHR covers many important areas of HR management. Companies are able to store employee information with digital personnel records. Thanks to Employee Self-Service, kiwiHR enables employees to work in team. All employees can manage their personal information, request leave, or record their working hours and overtime on their own. Moreover, company resources enables managers to upload and share important documents with the rest. Enjoy increased transparency thanks to employee’s absences visualisation in the company calendar. Last but not least, kiwiHR also supports managers to welcome new colleagues with a structured onboarding process to quickly integrate them into the company.
In the future, we would also like to expand the functional scope of kiwiHR by adding reporting and recruiting.
If you have any questions, you can arrange an online demo with one of our product experts or simply reach out to us.
Simplifying HR processes is easier said than done. Know how we get it done by starting your kiwiHR free trial!
Welcome to our mailing list! We hope you enjoy our content!
More from kiwiHR blog
- HR guide
Understanding the struggle for equal pay in the UK
As the UK continues to face a gender wage gap, explore the concept of equal pay, how we got here, and where we're headed in the 21st century.
Helping businesses work from home
Tough times call for unity. That's why we're taking action to help combat the spread of coronavirus by offering HR software free for three months and sharing best tips and practices to work from home.
- Workforce management
Managing remote work effectively
As technology continues to transform the way we do business, explore why remote work is on the rise and how to manage it effectively.
Powerful features to help you streamline HR tasks
HR admin activities can be really time consuming, up to a staggering 700 hours annually. Having an automated system saves you time and gives you a competitive advantage. Start now and make a difference!
Smart and easy employee records management
All personnel data in one place
Transparent time off management with calendar
Manage time off on the fly
Modern time tracking with overtime calculator
Track hours in just seconds
Company documents and resources 24/7
Consolidate important information
Step by step employee onboarding
Make new hires' first day perfect
Ready to give it try?
Start your free 14 day trial and start saving time with kiwiHR.Get started today